Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How Time Flies

Yum
Well the holidays just swept me away and I can't believe it's already January!
Today I was busy packing Christmas decorations to put away (among all of the other chores that go along with a 10 day trip back home) and the kids were a little upset with me.
They didn't really know why I had to put away all the decorations, why I was taking ornaments off of the Christmas tree and why Santa was no longer "comin' to town"
I tried to put it the best way I knew how:  "now we get to start all over again"
Trying to further make this transition a little more exciting than disappointing I reminded them both that after Christmas we also get to celebrate B's birthday
My baby girl is going to be 3 tomorrow
and I thought I'd share with you a cake I make recently for another princess that turned 2
This little beauty had a Dr Seuss themed birthday party so a bright, colorful two tiered cake was requested
I made a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and covered it with fondant and fondant accents
I hope she enjoyed her special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...